Manage Exacerbations of COPD
This module provides information regarding the early identification and management of exacerbations of COPD.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of early identification of a COPD exacerbation and when to send to hospital
- Discuss techniques with COPD patients and carers to monitor symptoms for effective self-management
- Develop individualised symptom management action plans with COPD patients and their carers
- Recognise the value of using controlled oxygen and ventilation during an exacerbation
- Recognise the important role of primary care in regular action plan review and follow-up after an exacerbation.
Tue, 11 Feb 2020, at 12:00 AM
About Lung Foundation Australia
The trusted central source of guidance and support at every stage of your journey. Lung Foundation Australia is the only charity and leading peak body of its kind in Australia that delivers life-changing research and programs that support and provide hope to people of all ages with a lung disease, and their families, at every stage of the journey. Our aim is to ensure lung h...