Common Eye Conditions
Hours: 2 | RACGP: 4pts | ACRRM: 2hrs
This education discusses the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions, the presenting features, diagnostic assessments and management. Indications for referral and the contents of referral letters to the optometrist/ophthalmologist are detailed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Discuss the symptoms of the various causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Describe the management of the common causes of vision loss and common eye conditions including red eye.
- Identify the appropriate situation to refer to an optometrist or ophthalmologist and what to include in referral letters.
- Ensure patient safety by indicating the conditions requiring urgent referral for specialist care.
This education was prepared by Vision 2020 Australia in conjunction with ThinkGP.Register via External Site
Sat, 11 Jan 2020, at 12:00 PM
Mon, 01 Jun 2020, at 12:00 AM
ThinkGP is Australia’s #1 provider of online medical education for those working in primary health care, and has been providing free, accredited CPD education to the community for almost 15 years. Created to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals, ThinkGP provides access for the whole practice team to a broad range of CPD activities including short modules, quick we...