COPD and the Respiratory System
This short course provides an overview of the respiratory system and the pathophysiological impact of COPD. By the end of this training, learners will be able to:
- describe the structure and function of the lungs and outline the process for breathing
- differentiate between healthy lungs and lungs in a patient with COPD
- describe the changes that occur in the lungs due to emphysema and chronic bronchitis and the symptoms that are characteristic of these COPD phenotypes
- identify other respiratory conditions that may be confused with COPD
- recognise the links between other chronic conditions and COPD.
Thu, 09 Jan 2020, at 12:00 AM
About Lung Foundation Australia
The trusted central source of guidance and support at every stage of your journey. Lung Foundation Australia is the only charity and leading peak body of its kind in Australia that delivers life-changing research and programs that support and provide hope to people of all ages with a lung disease, and their families, at every stage of the journey. Our aim is to ensure lung h...