Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections | Sydney
The Advanced Workshop of Joint Puncture and Soft Tissue Injections will teach you helpful techniques in the diagnosis and therapy of various musculoskeletal conditions. The procedures are most often used to reduce inflammation, provide pain relief and alleviate stiffness in tendons, muscles and joints of the shoulder, knee, or hip. The program thus addresses a highly sought-after service of the ageing population and gives you the opportunity to practise on cadavers.
This workshop is for general practitioners only and assumes no prior knowledge or specific training in joint puncture or soft tissue injecting.
The session covers:
- Principles of joint puncture
- Principles of soft tissue injections
- Joint anatomy and safe treatment
- Local anaesthesia and safe practices
- Specific conditions that require joint puncture and soft tissue injections
The practical workshop is held on Friday evenings (6.00pm - 9.15pm) to meet the needs of time-poor medical professionals. The workshop includes hands-on performance on cadavers under the guidance of an experienced medical practitioner who specialises in the field.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
RACGP and ACRRM points pending. RACGP and ACRRM have revised their accreditation processes and recognitions will be updated as soon as they are received.
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.Register via External Site
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...