Expert Workshop in Skin Cancer Surgery | Sydney
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery provides an essential step towards subspecialisation in skin cancer surgery. You will learn the most advanced surgery techniques on atomically complex and cosmetically sensitive areas. This highly practical course is led by noted skin cancer doctors and a team of experienced GPs to assist you in your practice. The program covers surgical procedures for the nose and the lower limb, reconstruction of alar and sidewall nasal defects, reconstruction of the nasal tip and glabellar defects, skin grafts and flaps for the lower limb.
The course provides advanced training in skin cancer surgery and teaches various techniques allowing GPs to treat more complex cases in the primary care setting. The program includes practical surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
The theory and practical sessions cover:
- Neurovascular island flaps
- Bilobed flaps
- Banner and rhomboid flaps
- V-Y flaps
- Lip wedges
- Periorbital defects
- Case presentations
Course participants will:
- Receive all presentation slides available for download
- Observe experts performing clinical procedures techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform procedural techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery.
This course is for general practitioners only. Participants must have completed the Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (or a qualification deemed equivalent).
Upon completion of the course, you will receive the Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery.
Both the Saturday and Sunday components of this course have been applied for the Training Grant for Rural and Remote Procedural GPs Program (Procedural Grant Program).
RACGP and ACRRM points pending. RACGP and ACRRM have revised their accreditation processes and recognitions will be updated as soon as they are received.
This certificate course:
- To gain QI&CPD points for this activity, GPs are to self-record their learning for QI&CPD recognition. For further information, please contact your state RACGP office: click here.
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is a self-submitted activity with the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is a self-submitted activity with the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Is recognised by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Membership or Fellowship.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird discounts are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.Register via External Site
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...