Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery | Brisbane
Surgery is still considered the most effective and definitive skin cancer treatment. The Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery is ideal for acquiring and honing various surgical techniques. In a highly practical program, you will learn how to perform large elliptical excisions and different types of flaps and grafts which will allow you to manage more complex skin cancer cases in your practice.
The course provides advanced training in skin cancer surgery and teaches various techniques allowing GPs to treat more complex cases in the primary care setting. The program includes practical surgery sessions. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
The theory and practical sessions cover:
- Surgical anatomy and skin lines
- Local anaesthetic blocks
- Large elliptical excisions
- Advanced suturing techniques
- Rotation flaps
- Advancement flaps
- Full-thickness grafts
- Dog ear repairs
- Wound care and various dressings
Course participants will:
- Receive all presentation slides available for download
- Observe experts performing clinical procedures techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Perform procedural techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery > Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery > Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery.
This course is for general practitioners only. There are no prerequisites for this course, however, HealthCert highly recommends that doctors should have some exposure to skin cancer surgery before enrolling in this course.
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, course participants will receive the Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery. The Sunday component of this course has been approved for the Training Grant for Rural and Remote Procedural GPs Program (Procedural Grant Program).
RACGP and ACRRM points pending. RACGP and ACRRM have revised their accreditation processes and recognitions will be updated as soon as they are received.
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses
endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Meets World Federation of Medical Education standards.
- Is recognised by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Membership or Fellowship.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Qualifies for a Skin Cancer Surgery Clinical Attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a Skin Cancer Surgery Clinical Attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird discounts are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.Register via External Site
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...