Youth AOD (Alcohol and Other Drugs) and Sexual Health
Welcome to the headspace 6-hour ALM on Youth AOD and Sexual Health. This activity seeks to educate health professionals on issues surrounding alcohol and other drug use and sexual health in youth, as well as their mental health implications. Utilising a number of case studies, ways of offering the best possible evidence-based care for young people in an effective and inclusive manner are explored.
This skills module consists of four sequential parts. Each part will take approximately one and a half hours to complete.
- Outline the epidemiology of alcohol and other drug (AOD) use, as well as common sexually transmitted diseases, in Australian young people.
- Identify the predisposing factors for the development of substance use disorders and the models that can be used to identify and target these factors.
- Understand the relationships between mental health, sexual health and substance use disorders.
- Apply strategies that assist with engagement and assessment of young people utilising a non-judgemental approach.
- Gain an understanding of some commonly used assessment tools and instruments including the principles of Motivational Interviewing.
*In this module, a young person is defined as a person aged between 12 and 25 years.
Educational grant provided by headspace.
Register via External Site
Wed, 13 Feb 2019, at 12:00 AM
Mon, 08 Mar 2021, at 12:00 AM
ThinkGP is Australia’s #1 provider of online medical education for those working in primary health care, and has been providing free, accredited CPD education to the community for almost 15 years. Created to meet the needs of busy healthcare professionals, ThinkGP provides access for the whole practice team to a broad range of CPD activities including short modules, quick we...