Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology | Online trimester 3
GPs are confronted with common skin, nail and hair conditions on a regular basis as patients have limited access to dermatologists. In fact, the largest organ of the human body makes up 15 percent of general practice consultations on a day-to-day
basis. Undergraduate dermatology training is minimal in many medical schools and without additional education in general dermatology, GPs are often underequipped to handle common presentations.
Presented by noted dermatologists, the Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology will increase your clinical knowledge, teach you how to assess more complex and rare cases and make differential diagnoses for various dermatological conditions.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of General Dermatology. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of General Dermatology, Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology and Professional Diploma of General Dermatology.
The Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology is ideal for medical professionals who wish to increase their clinical skills, assess more complex and rare cases, and make differential diagnoses for various dermatological conditions. Participants will be equipped with knowledge that is often lacking from undergraduate medical studies and can expect to confidently address their patients’ skin concerns on a day-to-day basis. The course is suitable for general practitioners, International Medical Graduates, and degree-qualified nurses and dermal therapists who work under the supervision of a general practitioner. The prerequisite for this course is the successful completion of the Professional Certificate of General Dermatology (or qualification deemed equivalent). HealthCert also recommends successful completion of at least 25 cases of general dermatology prior to enrolment.
The certificate course offers richly illustrated clinical examples and opportunities for interactive discussions on the cases provided and covers various dermatology conditions.
The theory sessions cover:
- Dermatological emergencies
- Skin infestations
- Lichen planus
- Atopic dermatitis
- Patch testing
- Contact dermatitis
- Cutaneous lymphomas
- Cicatricial alopecia
- Rare nail disorders
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
- Bullous pemphigoid
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussions of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field.
- Participate in course webinars prior to the examinations and ask questions.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case reviews.
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated dermatology clinics.
Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The online modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
This advanced certificate:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Provides credit for Postgraduate Diploma in General Dermatology which is studied online at the Rila Institute of Health Sciences which in turn provides credit for a Master of Science in Dermatology awarded by the University of Plymouth (UK).
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
"The Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology was very consistent and comprehensive." - Dr P. Hajbabaie, VIC
Bundle pricing and Early Bird specials are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please call our friendly team of Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a career pathway that suits your personal career goals.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...