Professional Certificate of General Dermatology | Online trimester 3
Presented by noted dermatologists, this comprehensive course teaches how to manage common skin, hair and nail conditions in primary care. You will learn about modes of presentation, relevant investigations and management of all of the common skin conditions from acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis through to drug rashes, hair loss and common cosmetic complaints.
The course is delivered online in eight modules which can be viewed and replayed at any time. Participants will receive valuable 12 months web-based support from the speakers and participate in regular online learning sessions with the opportunity to ask any questions you might have as you implement your learning.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of General Dermatology. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of General Dermatology, Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology and Professional Diploma of General Dermatology.
The Professional Certificate of General Dermatology is tailored for medical professionals seeking comprehensive knowledge on the diagnosis of various dermatological conditions in the early presentation stage. Participants will learn how to choose appropriate treatments for skin, hair and nail problems that commonly present in the primary care setting, with integrable knowledge that is immediately applicable in general practice. The course is suitable for general practitioners and the nurses and dermal therapists who work under their supervision, as well as for International Medical Graduates. The course assumes no prior knowledge or training in the field.
The certificate course offers richly illustrated clinical examples and opportunities for interactive discussions on the cases provided and covers various dermatology conditions.
The theory sessions cover:
- Common benign lesions
- Pigmentary conditions
- Skin infections
- Facial rashes
- Systemic diseases
- Fungal skin infections
- Lichen planus
- Pityriasis rosea
- Contact dermatitis
- Nail diseases
- Hair loss
- Paediatric dermatology
- Follicular disorders
- Blistering disorders
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Participate in course webinar prior to the examinations and ask questions
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated dermatology clinics
This is a fully online course. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
This professional certificate:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Provides credit for Postgraduate Diploma in General Dermatology which is studied online at the Rila Institute of Health Sciences which in turn provides credit for a Master of Science in Dermatology awarded by the University of Plymouth (UK).
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
"I have found this course extremely helpful in giving me a safe and structured framework by which to evaluate a variety of dermatological presentations. I especially liked the ease of access to good and comprehensive course material." - Dr M. Tran, NSW
Bundle pricing and Early Bird specials are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please call our friendly team of Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a career pathway that suits your personal career goals.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...