Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy | Online trimester 3
The Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy is the second course in the three-part HealthCert Certificate and Diploma program in Dermoscopy. The course has been designed to meet the needs of medical practitioners who already use dermoscopy and are interested in taking their skill-set to a more advanced level. The course will provide the participants with a range of knowledge in the management of nail lesions, mucosal lesions, difficult benign lesions and melanomas, pink tumours, rare skin tumours, and the broad spectrum of BCC and keratinocyte skin cancer. Recognised and developed by members of the International Dermoscopy Society, no other program brings together such a diverse and accomplished team of globally renowned dermatologists and dermoscopy experts from Italy, Austria, Greece, USA, Japan, and Australia.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy, Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy and Professional Diploma of Dermoscopy.
The Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy will meet the needs of medical professionals who already use dermoscopy in their practice and are interested in taking their skillset to a more advanced level. Participants will acquire in-depth knowledge in lesion management, including difficult and rare lesions, with teachings by an accomplished team of dermatologists and dermoscopy experts. The course is suitable for general practitioners and the degree-qualified nurses who work under their supervision, as well as for International Medical Graduates. Participants must have successfully completed the HealthCert Professional Certificate of Dermoscopy course (or a qualification deemed equivalent) and HealthCert also highly recommends successful completion of at least 25 cases of dermoscopy prior to enrolment. Equivalent alternatives include: practical experience, other qualifications or successful completion of the Professional Certificate examination.
The Advanced Certificate course will provide the participants with a range of knowledge including:
- Pink tumours
- Mucosal lesions
- Difficult benign lesions
- Nail lesions
- Rare skin tumours
- BCC and keratinocyte skin cancer
- Difficult melanomas
- Dermoscopy in general dermatology
Course participants will:
- Utilise Interactive Atlas international dermoscopy program
- Utilise YouDermoscopy application (app)
- Participate in webinars with experts and professional colleagues
- Observe professional clinic/patient interactions via video
- Evaluate dermoscopy cases in an online discussion board
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
The Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy is designed as a fully online course. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is accredited by the Skin Cancer Institute and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and reviewed by, Professor Giuseppe Argenziano, Head of the Dermatology Unit, Second University of Naples, Italy, and a prolific author of scientific articles.
- Is recognised by the International Dermoscopy Society. Membership is worldwide and more than 100 countries are represented.
- Gives graduates of the three-part Professional Diploma program a significant financial credit towards the Master of Science in Dermoscopy and Preventitive Dermato-Oncology program at the Medical University of Graz.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
"The Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy was beyond my expectations. I discovered a new world with dermoscopy. Thanks!" - Dr C. Pouliot, Quebec
Bundle pricing and Early Bird specials are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please call our friendly team of Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a career pathway that suits your personal career goals.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...