Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management | Online: Trimester 3
The Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management covers the role of therapeutic diets in the treatment of chronic illnesses and other nutritional disorders, highlighting the principles of the nutrition care process as applicable in a primary care setting. You will learn key nutrition assessment techniques and intervention strategies that will assist you in providing comprehensive health care to your patients. The course teaches how medical nutrition strategies can be implemented to improve patient outcomes in areas including pregnancy, diabetes, cancer, sport and cardiovascular nutrition.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management, Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management and Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management.
- Nutrition for fertility, pregnancy and lactation
- Patient centred weight management: non-diet approach
- Metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance
- Carbohydrates and diabetes
- Cardiovascular nutrition
- Gut microbiome: pre and probiotic treatments
- Nutrition management in cancer
- Sport nutrition for high performance
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Participate in course webinar prior to the examinations and ask questions
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated nutrition clinics
The Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management is tailored for medical practitioners who wish to gain a better understanding of nutrition management in order to improve patient outcomes, especially for those patients with conditions commonly seen in general practice, such as obesity, diabetes, pregnancy, cardiovascular disease, cancer and eating disorders. The course is suitable for general practitioners, degree-qualified nurses who work under their supervision and International Medical Graduates. Participants must have successfully completed the HealthCert Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management course (or a qualification deemed equivalent).
This is a fully online course. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
Upon successful completion of the exam, course participants will receive the Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management.
RACGP: 40 RACGP Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 ACRRM PRPD points
This professional certificate:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird rates are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please call our team of friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor an education pathway that suits your personal career goals.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...