Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management | Online: Trimester 3
The Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management teaches the role of therapeutic diets in the treatment of chronic illnesses and other nutritional disorders, highlighting the principles of the nutrition care process as applicable in a primary care setting. You will learn key nutrition assessment techniques and intervention strategies that will assist you in providing comprehensive health care to your patients. The course teaches the foundations of dietary guidelines and how they can be applied in general practice to better manage chronic diseases, malnutrition, weight loss, and other conditions.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management, Advanced Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management and Professional Diploma of Medical Nutrition Management.
- How dietary guidelines can be used to guide treatment
- Approaches for the management of chronic disease: Mediterranean, MIND, vegetarian, high protein, low GI
- Myths and fads: superfoods, paleo, and organics
- Vitamins, minerals and supplements
- Gastrointestinal health
- Malnutrition in older adults
- Talking with patients about weight management
- Bariatric care
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field.
- Participate in course webinar prior to the examinations and ask questions.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review.
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated nutrition clinics.
The Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management is tailored for medical practitioners who wish to gain a better understanding of nutrition management in order to improve patient outcomes, especially for those patients with conditions commonly seen in general practice, such as obesity, diabetes, pregnancy, cardiovascular disease, cancer and eating disorders. The course is suitable for general practitioners, degree-qualified nurses who work under their supervision and International Medical Graduates. The course assumes no prior knowledge or training in the field.
Upon successful completion of the exam, course participants will receive a Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition Management.
RACGP: 40 RACGP Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 ACRRM PRPD points
This professional certificate:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
Early bird rates are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor an education pathway that suits your personal career goals.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...