Skin Cancer Business Management Course | Online: Available all year
This online course is designed to assist medical practitioners, medical business owners and practice managers with the set-up and management of a successful skin cancer clinic or the integration of skin cancer services into general practice. The knowledge acquired will help you maximise your efficiency in managing skin cancer in primary care. You will also gain valuable insights into how you can develop your business and grow your practice.
The online course consists of 15 modules which are delivered online and can be viewed and replayed at any time. Topics covered include set-up and layout a skin cancer clinic, tools, equipment and systems required, daily workflow management, appointment book structure, training of support staff, Medicare billing and other medico-legal regulations.
Designed to assist medical practitioners, medical business owners and practice managers, the program teaches the fundamentals of setting up and running an efficient skin cancer service in the primary care environment.
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Set up and lay out a skin cancer clinic according to ergonomic principles.
- Select all tools and equipment required.
- Implement all systems required, including financial and IT services.
- Plan and execute the daily workflow including a specific appointment book structure.
- Conduct efficient full-body skin examinations, note taking and image capture.
- Train and use support staff to maximise efficiency.
- Understand Medicare billing and other medico-legal regulations.
- Market the clinic and skin cancer service efficiently.
- Exceed patient expectations from the reception counter to the treatment room.
Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
What you get for your one-off investment:
- 15 online modules which total 6½ hours that can be viewed and replayed at anytime.
- Digital reference materials including a full-colour copy of all PowerPoint slides presented.
- Information sheets and patient templates.
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, course participants will receive the Skin Cancer Business Management certificate.
This course is available online throughout the year.
RACGP: 24 Category 2 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 8 PDP Core points
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that suits your career goals.
"Great course! Professional, great delivery, great resources, comprehensive and accurate." - Dr R. Mitchell, NSWRegister via External Site
Tue, 01 Jan 2019, at 12:00 AM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...