Medical Business Masterclass | Online: Available all year
Running a medical business is not easy at the best of times and is set to become even more challenging with the ever increasing downward pressure of health care costs, an ageing population, and an exponential growth in technologies. The Medical Business Masterclass brings together a range of renowned industry experts to equip medical business leaders with the necessary knowledge and practical know-how to operate a successful practice, optimise staﬀ performance, delight patients, build personal wealth, and meet today's increasing challenges in primary care.
The masterclass is ideal for medical business owners, practice managers, aspiring medical business leaders – and their team. Getting everyone together who is involved in running the practice is critical to the implementation success. Work with leading experts and build a strategic action plan to be executed in your practice. Supporting your team's development will become the best investment for your business.
From strategy, ﬁnance, leadership, marketing, technology to human resources, gain an advanced understanding of the essential elements to operating a medical business and acquire strategic knowledge to manage processes and people, and plan for the future of your practice, career and personal life.
The program includes theory, discussions and Q&A sessions on:
The Business of Medicine
- How to run a profitable practice and delight patients
- How to avoid common medico-legal pitfalls
- How to move from bulk billing to private billing
Culture and Human Resources
- How to build a world-class culture and an engaged workforce
- How to recruit, retain and reward excellent staff
- How to optimise day-to-day operations and performance
Tax, Financial Management and Wealth Creation
- How to set up and run accounting for medical practices
- How to manage money, reduce risk and build wealth
- How to build a residential property portfolio
Building and maintaining your online reputation
- Interacting safely with patients online
- How to manage your practices' and doctors' profiles online
The Future of Medicine
- How to prepare for major disruption in medicine
- What does medicine look like in five, 10 or 20 years’ time
The masterclass is delivered online in a lecture-style approach by various experts in their respective fields. Participants can expect engaging presentations with peers on the main challenges in practice management, and there will be immediately applicable strategies and learning takeaways after each session. Upon enrolment, participants will gain access to all presentation slides, additional learning materials and post-course online learning sessions with the presenters.
Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
The masterclass includes:
- Presentation slides of all speakers – highly valuable reference materials for your practice
- Post-course webinars with the opportunity to ask the experts questions while you implement your learning
- Unique action plan which you will build during the masterclass to assist with execution
RACGP 16 Category 2 QI&CPD points | ACRRM 8 Core PDP points
This course can be undertaken at your own leisure, at any time throughout the year.
Please contact our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that suits your career goals.
"A full day of amazing information and thought-provoking ideas. Lots of back-up support as well and a 30 minute support appointment - incredible!" - Dr A. Bascomb, SARegister via External Site
Tue, 01 Jan 2019, at 12:00 AM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...