Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery [Expert Workshop] | Brisbane
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery is ideal for doctors with a special interest in skin cancer surgery. The prerequisite for this course is the completion of the two-day Expert Workshop in Skin Cancer Surgery teaching the most advanced surgerytechniques on atomically complex and cosmetically sensitive areas. Delivered by noted skin cancer doctors and a team of experienced GPs, the program covers surgical procedures for the nose and the lower limb, reconstruction of alar and sidewall nasal defects, reconstruction of the nasal tip and glabellar defects, skin grafts and flaps for the lower limb.
The program provides advanced training in skin cancer surgery, allowing GPs to manage more complex cases in the primary care setting. Participants must complete and mandatory face-to-face Expert Workshop including practical surgery sessions with a team of surgical assistants who will guide and support you as you practise various surgical techniques.
The Expert Workshop (prerequisite of the Professional Diploma) covers:
- Anatomy of nose, eyelids, lips and ears
- Reconstruction of alar and nasal tip defects of the nose and the bilobed flap
- Reconstruction of lower eyelid defects
- Reconstruction of complex lip and ear defects
- Lower limb anatomy and surgical planning
- A review of perforator island flaps for the lower limb: Bezier and Keystone flaps
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing skin cancer surgery techniques on a large screen with close-up camera during the face-to-face Expert Workshop
- Perform surgical techniques in a simulated environment and receive feedback during the face-to-face Expert Workshop
- Participate in online discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated skin cancer clinics
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery + Expert Workshop.
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery is ideal for medical professionals with a special interest in skin cancer surgery. Participants can expect to work with noted Skin Cancer Doctors and gain the knowledge required to handle the most advanced surgical procedures on atomically complex and cosmetically sensitive areas, thus reducing referrals to specialists and making them a favourable referral option for their peers. The course is suitable for general practitioners and International Medical Graduates. Participants must have completed the Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery (or a qualification deemed equivalent).
Upon completion of all course requirements, you will receive the Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery. The two-day Expert Workshop (prerequisite of the Professional Diploma course) qualifies for the Training Grant for Rural and Remote Procedural GPs Program (Procedural Grant Program).
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD + 30 Surgery MOPS points
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is accredited by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a clinical attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird savings are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.
"Essential training for any GP with an interest in skin cancer management or diagnosis." - Dr M. Yeo, VICRegister via External Site
Sat, 12 Oct 2019, at 8:00 AM
Sun, 13 Oct 2019, at 5:00 PM
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Brisbane QLD, Australia
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...