Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine | Online Trimester 3
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine will extend your knowledge required to manage the majority of all skin cancer cases through the application of dermoscopy, advanced histopathology, topical treatments, and electro-surgery. You will also learn how to manage immune-suppressed patients and manage rare and aggressive skin cancers. The course is delivered online in eight modules and presented by world’s leading skin cancer experts, including Professor Harald Kittler (Austria), Professor Richard Usatine (USA), Professor Iris Zalaudek (Austria), Professor Luc Thomas (France), and other thought leaders in this field.
This course will focus on lesion and field directed treatments as well as skin imaging, drug therapy, special situations, treatment of rare/aggressive skin cancers and studies of both melanoma and non-melanoma treatments.
The theory sessions cover:
- Merkel cell carcinoma and rare/aggressive skin cancers
- Cutaneous cryosurgery and electrosurgery
- Lesion- and field-directed treatments
- Advanced histopathology
- Dermal imaging
- Factors influencing the choice of treatment
- Managing special cases and complications, including immuno-supressed patients
Course participants will:
- Participate in discussion boards and evaluate skin cancer cases
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Access video presentations from experts in the field with the opportunity to replay
- Participate in webinars with experts and professional colleagues
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine is ideal for medical professionals who wish to gain the optimum knowledge required to manage primary care patients with a multitude of skin cancer concerns, including rare and complex cases. Participants can expect to acquire advanced knowledge in dermoscopy, histopathology, topical treatments, and electro-surgery, making them a favourable referral option for their colleagues. The online course is suitable for general practitioners and International Medical Graduates who wish to subspecialise in the field. Participants must have completed the Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (or a qualification deemed equivalent).
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is accredited by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Qualifies for a Clinical Attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a Clinical Attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
This final stage of the Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine is designed as a fully online course. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
There are eight units in a HealthCert professional diploma program. The course is delivered in one trimester (15 weeks) with 12 weeks of teaching followed by three weeks for revision and final examinations. The course includes online presentations from experts in the field followed by patient case discussions and decision-making. There is a final webinar where participant questions are answered prior to the examinations.
The course includes:
- Digital full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Access to additional learning resources, reference materials and video lectures.
- Reading list with references to peer-reviewed journal articles to keep up-to-date with developments in the field.
- 12 month web-based support with the opportunity to ask the instructors questions while you implement your learning.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird discounts are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.
"The course offers the convenience to learn skin cancer medicine entirely at your own pace in the comfort of your home or office." - Dr O. Ajagbe, QLDRegister via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Fri, 20 Dec 2019, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...