Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine | Online Trimester 3
Skin cancer is the most common dermatological condition seen in general practice – and it is not overly complex to manage if you have the right skill set. This certificate course has been specifically designed for time-poor general practitioners wishing to acquire the knowledge required to safely and confidently diagnose and treat commonly encountered skin lesions.
The online course offers a flexible learning experience with video lectures and online case discussions with the presenters.
The theory sessions cover:
- Skin anatomy and histology
- Diagnosis with dermoscopy
- Benign and malignant skin lesions
- Melanoma management
- Topical treatment options
- Punch and shave biopsies
- Elliptical excisions and suturing
- Workflow and Medicare billing
Course participants will:
- Observe experts performing Skin Cancer Medicine techniques on a large screen with close-up camera
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
- Have the opportunity to participate in optional clinical attachments at dedicated skin cancer clinics
Upon successful completion of the course requirements, course participants will receive the Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine.
RACGP: 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points | ACRRM: 30 PRPD points
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine > Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine > Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
The Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine is the ideal starting point for medical professionals who wish to build their core knowledge in skin cancer management and acquire vital diagnostic skills and basic management techniques to provide effective care to patients with skin cancer concerns. Participants will learn proven techniques to independently and confidently diagnose and treat skin lesions in primary care. The course is suitable for general practitioners and the nurses and dermal therapists who work under their supervision, as well as for International Medical Graduates. The course assumes no prior knowledge or training in the field.
This certificate course:
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PRPD points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is accredited by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Has been independently developed with subject specialists and does not receive education grants from any pharmaceutical company.
Delivery format: ONLINE
For delegates who are unable to attend the face-to-face two-day program due to timetable conflicts or travel distance, we offer a 100% online training option. Upon registration, you will be able to access all learning contents immediately and complete the certificate course online. If you would then like to cement your knowledge, you have the option to attend the face-to-face equivalent of the course anytime it suits you (additional fees apply).
You can enjoy the flexibility to study at your own pace, in your own time, within your home or office, and on your favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that you are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at your convenience. The webinars offer the opportunity to join and interact with the presenters online in real-time but can also be viewed later. There are no face-to-face requirements for exams which can be conveniently completed online within three months of trimester end date. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, you can build critical skills and tailor your career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
What you get for your one-off investment:
- 18 video lectures, including all content from the two-day face-to-face course.
- Digital full-colour workbook including all presentation slides.
- Disposable instrument pack, sutures and biopsy kit for surgery practice in your own office or home (posted to you via Express Post upon registration).
- Additional online training in dermoscopy (100 image quiz using the Three-Point Checklist).
- 5 x webinar case study sessions, held at fortnightly intervals with a mandatory attendance requirement.
- Post-course online assessment (to be completed in your own time within three months of attending the program).
- Post-course support in monthly webinars with the opportunity to discuss cases with course presenters.
Bundle pricing and Early Bird specials are available. GP Registrars benefit from a special rate.
Please contact one of our friendly Education Advisors on 1300 856 695 to tailor a pathway that is right for you.Register via External Site
Mon, 02 Sep 2019, at 12:00 AM
Sun, 20 Dec 2020, at 11:00 PM
Since 2006, HealthCert has provided university quality-assured and professionally accredited primary care education to help you save lives and improve patient outcomes in general practice. Thousands of GPs have participated in our programs, known for their comprehensive nature and the ability to enable medical professionals to make a real difference to their patients and the...